We discussed the primary areas of opportunity for the future of extraterrestrial intelligence searches, based on the findings and insights derived from the research. These include recommendations for scientific research and technological applications as well as strategic and organizational opportunities to increase funding, resources, and public support.
- Biosignatures and technosignatures should remain concurrent efforts
- Continuity of missions and experiments should continue
- Additional citizen science programs should be started
- Increased focus on science with potential Earth applications
- Proposing more dual or multi-purpose missions, perhaps as part of multi-organizational partnerships
- Additional emphasis on data sharing
- Greater alignment with projects and missions conducted in space